We are pleased to launch the latest whitepaper from our partner Hanover, The Menopause: a Practical Guide & Support Tips for Business Leaders. Specifically aimed at giving senior team leaders methods for managing and mitigating the effects of the menopause on staff in the workplace.
The menopause is a topic that has long been taboo in the workplace, despite it being something that over half of the entire population experience. At this very moment, in fact, 13 million women in the UK are peri– or post–menopausal, and one in four of those women are experiencing severely debilitating symptoms.
This information, coupled with the fact that menopausal women are the fastest–growing demographic in the workplace, yet millions of them are leaving work, should be a clear indicator as to why this whitepaper, and the practical tips we’re offering is important.
The whitepaper includes more information on topics includng:
- Why we need to do more
- What the menopause and peri-menopause are
- What challenges the menopause pose in the workplace
- The impact of experiencing the menopause in the workplace
- The effect of the menopause on employers
- Practical guidance for supporting menopausal employees
- Getting the best from those experiencing menopausal symptoms
- Developing a menopause policy
- How to support leaders in supporting women at work
- Examples of companies with good menopause support
You can download the full report as a PDF here:
We support businesses with practical workshops
For many of our clients we find the interactive and inspirational workshops we run provide the skills and confidence necessary for business and career success. Some of the topics include:
- Breaking the workplace taboo: Menopause and your career (for female employees)
- Sorry not sorry. Why women apologise too much. Shift the narrative & take control of your career.
- The five challenges women face in their careers and how to tackle them
- Redefine brand you and drive your career forward
- Be the change. Period: Menopause and the workplace (for HR teams and leaders)
Find out more about how our in-depth group workshops and masterclasses on the current topics affecting your teams can support you and your employees.