Senior Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing
Location: Hybrid working from home plus London and/or Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: Victoria McLean – Founder and CEO (dotted line into Hanover Marketing Director)
City CV is an international career consultancy, providing a complete range of professional writing and coaching services to thousands of organisations and individuals across the globe. We transform careers.
City CV is now part of the Hanover Group, with an international team of 100 across our European headquarters in London and our offices in Matfield (Tunbridge Wells), across Europe, the US and operating in Asia.
Every member of our team brings an innovative, agile, collaborative and intelligent vitality to the group. We are all absolutely committed to working together to deliver the very best to our clients. Trusted relationships are key to all that we do.
To manage and improve the brand reputation and profile of City CV (B2C) and HOS (B2B) in the UK and internationally and to increase company revenue/profit in line with the business plan by ensuring professional and relevant communications to all audiences, developing best in class processes, campaigns and marketing resources.
- Leadership: to manage the marketing team which currently comprises: Marketing Manager (PT), Digital Marketing Manager (FT), plus external Social Communications Manager (PT), Public Relations manager (PT), Events Coordinator (FT), including regular 1-2-1 sessions, and bi-annual reviews to ensure appropriate resources and team composition relative to the demands of the business, to facilitate training schemes as appropriate, to mentor, encourage and empower individuals within the team to develop their competencies and career progression.
- Marketing Strategy: to develop and implement a marketing strategy for City CV and HOS (B2B) that supports the company’s overall business objectives in conjunction with Hanover’s Marketing Director.
- Accounts Based Marketing: Formulate, implement and drive ABM campaigns for all B2B business,
- Campaign development: work with the marketing team to test and refine digital campaign strategies, creating compelling content, incorporating regular reviews – that deliver quality leads to the business. Overseeing our marketing automation platform and supporting development of this channel.
- Brand Development: Work with the CEO and Hanover Marketing Director to develop a brand platform for City CV / HOS that is relevant, distinctive, motivating and credible and promote City CV / Hanover brand values both internally and externally.
- Social Media: Use different content formats, messaging, and assets – ensure our current social channels have a plan and deliver increasing results. Explore new ways to reach our audiences via social media.
- Website Management: Work closely with our team to ensure the website works at optimal performance & delivers improving conversions.
- Corporate Communications: Utilise external and internal resources to ensure timely and accurate communications about the organisation via the most appropriate channels, to champion best practice in communications across City CV and HOS, and managing media relations with external PR support promoting City CV and HOS in a positive light to relevant correspondents, editors, reporters.
- Client Relations: Support the efforts of the B2B and B2C business development teams, managing marketing resources to implement appropriate product campaigns and strategies to build awareness and drive leads that convert to business for each area.
Qualities, Skills and Experience required Essential:
- Brand Management: Broad and diverse experience of brand management and integrated communications disciplines either in in-house or agency roles, particularly, but not exclusively, within professional services B2B and B2C sectors.
- Content and communications: extensive understanding of the role played by both traditional and digital marketing disciplines with the ability to identify the most effective tools to deliver on business strategy, with appropriate skills to be able to lead by example.
- Leadership: Experience in the successful management of teams and of individuals.
- Strong digital marketing and ABM capabilities within B2B environment.
- Creative thinker who is equally comfortable with data, reporting and identifying continuous improvement for the City CV / HOS business
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.
CV Writers & Proofreaders
Please note: we are not recruiting CV Writers & Proofreaders at the moment but if you would like to send your CV to [email protected] we’ll be happy to hold it on file.
Are you a qualified CV Writer? Do you have CV writing expertise / experience? Are you an experienced copywriter? Would you like to be trained to be the best in the market?
City CV, the UK’s only international-award-winning CV writing firm has a high-end client base seeking a top quality service. We have immediate vacancies for client-facing CV Writers to join our CV writing team on a flexible and freelance basis. From 15-35 hours per week.
Working closely within City CV’s guidelines and framework, you will interview clients via Skype to draw out their strengths, achievements and goals. You will then use your creative flair to produce value-based CVs, LinkedIn profiles and cover letters with impact to help our clients secure the best jobs.
Your drive for perfection and a passion for helping individuals achieve their dreams is paramount. Attention to detail plus linguistic and grammatical excellence are essential along with the ability to meet exceptionally high standards.
You will preferably be degree educated with a background in writing / copy writing. Highly conscientious and professional; you will have proven exposure to top level client service.
- Excellent writing skills – accuracy, attention to detail and grammatical excellence
- Desire to be trained to become an industry-leading CV writer – striving to continuously evolve and improve
- Long term commitment to a career with City CV with a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Educated to Bachelors, Masters or MBA level
- Commercial experience – any industry sector, including public, private or 3rd sector
- Articulate with clear communication skills
- Confident client service skills
- You must ‘like’ people, have empathy and want to do all you can to help each client achieve their dreams
In return you will receive support and training from a lovely, professional, friendly team and work for one of the most respected CV writing companies in the UK – the only UK company to have won multiple awards at the TORIs – the international ‘Oscars’ of the CV writing industry. Working from home, hours are flexible and the rate of pay is excellent. Up to £30K+ per annum.
Applicants will be considered from across the UK or from around the globe.
Of particular interest is industry experience or an understanding of banking, finance, technology, consulting or sales. Other sector experience will also be considered.
In the first instance please email a copy of your CV and two samples of your work to [email protected]
Proofreaders / Copy Editors
Accountable to: CEO, Victoria McLean
Location: Matfield, Kent
Commitment/Hours: Permanent, Monday to Friday, 9-3 (flexibility to work from home one or more days per week)
We are currently looking to recruit a Proofreader / Copy Editor to join our Matfield team. This is a permanent role and is integral to supporting the CEO and all operational functions of the business.
About City CV:
City CV was founded in 2008 responding to the need for an expert organisation to support individuals in understanding corporate hiring practices and navigating the complex recruitment market. City CV has continued to flourish with a dedicated focus on helping clients to secure their target roles. Initially established as a niche financial services CV writing business, it has extended its range, team and specialities to cover the full breadth of the corporate world and the public sector. It has built an unrivalled reputation for getting results.
A distinctive mix of Executive Head Hunters, HR Professionals, Interview Coaches, Copy Writers and Recruiters, the City CV team collaborates closely with clients on every aspect of the application process, whether for individuals or groups, as part of its well-established career coaching and outplacement programmes. From CV writing to interview coaching to graduate application form assistance, we offer all our clients a professional, unique and tailored approach to their job search.
At City CV, we work hard to gain our clients that vital edge in a highly competitive job market. Our single-minded aim is to provide our clients with a powerful toolkit to realise their career ambitions and achieve their job goals. It’s our unique combination of exceptional writing abilities, multiple award nominations, intuitive coaching and a robust strategy, backed up by unparalleled quality standards that set us apart.
With a wider team of 25, City CV head office team of seven is based in a newly refurbished office in Matfield. Plenty of parking and amenities close by, it offers a busy, buzzy environment. A little crazy at times with high volumes, it’s also relaxed and fun with lots of flexibility.
About the role:
The purpose of the role of Proofreader / Copy Editor is:
- To provide high quality proof reading and copy-editing of all draft client documents (CVs, biographies, covering letters, LinkedIn profiles and job applications), internal and external marketing material, and the website.
- To ensure that all documents generated by City CV are accurate, fit for purpose, easy to follow, free of omission, inconsistency and repetition, and conform to the best standards of written English.
- To ensure timely turnaround of documents to specified deadlines.
- Oversee and manage the entire proofing process lifecycle from writer submission to client.
- Correct any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors; mark up using tracked changes.
- Ensure all writing conforms to the City CV House style, is clear and easy to read.
- Check for legal issues (libel, breach of copyright)
- Double check that names, places and organisations are spelled correctly, and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate and consistent across all associated documents.
- Query writers’ sources (client notes) and conduct online research where there appears to be inconsistency.
- Correct page layouts / formatting, including pagination, margins, placement of sections / dates / headlines / photos / headers and footers.
- To maintain up to date status records on our project management system at each stage of the proofing process.
- Member of Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP)
- Educated to degree standard
- Outstanding level of written English
- Sound understanding of rules of English grammar
- Extremely conscientious with proven success in a corporate environment
- Outstanding levels of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- A team player with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Open to direction and a commitment to get the job done
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion when working with writers and Head Office
- Advanced Word for document formatting